Retailing in a cold climate: can the past forecast the future?
In this episode of Globalcast, Euromonitor International’s Retailing Industry Manager, Jon Wright, takes us through how past economic crisis have affected both consumer shopping patterns and the retailing industry, showing that in this case, the past could forecast the future.
- Impact of past economic crisis on retailing
- How is the industry faring in the current recession?
- Are certain channels and/or countries affected more than others?
- What are the lessons we can draw from past recessions?
- Which are the winning strategies for companies within the industry?
- Internet retailing: a clear winner?
Featuring: Euromonitor International Industry Manager Jon Wright