Key Trends and Future Prospects of Monetary Intermediation Industry
The monetary intermediation industry remains challenged by the increasing levels of regulation, rising competition, not only from other traditional financial services providers but also from alternative financing providers, and the growing shift from branch-oriented banks to e-banking.
Nevertheless, the industry is forecast to demonstrate upward trends, rising at a CAGR of 4% during 2014-2020. Booming economies and expanding middle-class populations will boost the demand for monetary intermediation services in developing countries, which are projected to show the highest increase over the forecast period.
- Strong banking system drives the US financial market;
- Upcoming referendum poses threat to the UK financial market;
- Online banking creates strong pressure on traditional banking;
- Mobile payments: The new focus for companies;
- Rising emphasis on customer loyalty;
and other trends are analysed in the global briefing Monetary Intermediation: Trends, Developments and Prospects published on Industrial.