Articles / Euromonitor to Speak at Indian Ice Congress & Expo 2015
Euromonitor to Speak at Indian Ice Congress & Expo 2015
By: Lydia Gordon 10/05/2015
- Event Name: Indian Ice Congress & Expo 2015
- Location: White Orchid Convention Centre in Bangalore, India
- Website: Indianicecreamcongress.in
- Date: October 8–9, 2015
- Event Description: Only Ice Cream Industry Event in entire South Asia. This event showcases products like platform where the manufacturers and allied sectors comes together and exchange dialogues, presentation, new technology launches and discussion about latest trends in the global market in packaging, processing, ingredients and innovations etc. in the Food & Beverage industry.
- Presenter Name: Manjunath Reddy, Research Analyst (India)
- Presentation Time: 9th Oct, 11:20-11:40am
- Presentation Topic: Ice creams in India: Growth prospects
- Presentation Summary: The ice cream industry in India has witnessed double digit value growth in the last five years across retail and foodservice channels. Various trends that aid the growth includes- indulgence, rising disposable income, young adult population. In addition, given that the per capita volume consumption of ice cream in India is one of the lowest in the world, there is still a lot of room for growth. Many international brands are expanding their ice cream fast food businesses to leverage on the growth potential. Ice cream fast food is seen by the industry as the solution to many challenges including lack of availability of cold storage in retail outlets. Furthermore, regional player are continuing to expand their presence to teir 2 and tier 3 cities. In a mammoth country like India, while there are opportunities for growth, manufacturers will have to deal with many challenges including power supply, infrastructure and cold chain availability.