Fizzle or Sizzle: What’s Next for the Australian Beverage Industry?
On March 24, Erika Sirimanne presented at Ausdrinks Sydney on the future of the Australian beverage industry. We are now making that presentation available to the public for free download.
Learn how health and wellness trends, convenience, technology, foodservice and the digital age will impact the industry over the next five years.
– The Australian soft drinks industry was worth A$12.2 billion in 2013 at a volume size of 4 billion litres
– The number of individuals in Australia aged over 80 increased 59% between 2000 and 2013
– Seven bottled water suppliers were forced to remove the word “organic” from their brand names during 2013 following an investigation by the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission).
– Australian mobile internet subscriptions grew by 17% in 2013 while smartphone volume sales increased by 12%.
– The female labour force participation rate in Australia grew from 50.4% in 1978 to 70.2% in 2013.