The most influential Megatrends set to shape the world through 2030, identified by Euromonitor International, help businesses better anticipate market developments and lead change for their industries.Learn More
On March 12th, Euromonitor International will host for the very first time a conference in Johannesburg, dedicated to top-level managers from FMCG companies, the banking sector, governmental and trade organisations. Euromonitor will discuss trends and opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa that are impacting the African consumers and retailers today and tomorrow.
• 10:05 am: Global megatrends: Overview of consumer markets
• 10:30 am: Lay of the land: The macro-economic context
• 10:45 am: The African retail landscape: Old mingles with
• 11:30 am Panel discussion – Spotlight on key consumer industries and companies
1. Matthew Carty, Global Director Academics
2. Protea Hirschel, Consulting Manager
3. Christy Tawii, Research Manager
4. Thomas Verryn, Senior Research Manager
5. David Nyamasvisva, Key Accounts Manager
6. Christele Chokossa, Senior Analyst,
7. Rubab Abdoolla, Senior Analyst Beauty and Fashion
8. Bolutife Onaneye, Associate Consultant
9. Quinton Walker, Consultant
– Global megatrends: Overview of consumer markets (Matthew Carty)
What are the global megatrends? What are the top FMCG trends and industries? Where do global consumers shop?
– Lay of the land: The macro-economic context
What will drive potential growth opportunities? How do factors such as spending power, income dynamics and population growth impact future opportunities? (Protea Hirschel, Bolutife Onaneye)
– The African Retail landscape: Old mingles with new
What are the best ways to reach consumers? How do distribution channels such as online, modern, traditional, informal and illicit influence consumer purchasing patterns?
(Christy Tawii, Quinton Walker)
Panel Discussion – Spotlight on key consumer industries and companies (5 min presentation, then a panel discussion 30 min+10min questions)
– What are the leading consumer industries? What kind of products are in demand, focusing food, drink and beauty and personal care industries? What factors are influencing innovation?
(Thomas Verryn, David Nyamasvisva, Rubab Abdoolla, Christelle Chokossa, Bolutife Onaneye)
Session date and time: Tuesday, March 12th at 10:00 am