A Gift of Water at Christmas
According to the World Health Organisation roughly one in ten of the world’s population have no choice but to get water from wherever they can, whether it’s a dirty pond or an expensive water vendor. This year rather than mailing traditional greeting cards Euromonitor chose to make donations to organisations working to provide access to clean water for some of the world’s poorest communities.
Organisations supported include:
- Just a Drop – constructing wells, boreholes, pipelines, hand pumps and latrines in some of the poorest and remotest regions in the world
- Playpumps – supplying rural communities with clean drinking water by means of a sustainable pumping system, powered by the play of children
- Solvatten Charitable Foundation – providing portable containers that use sunshine to heat and treat water at a household level
- Swiss Re Foundation – working with Water.org to provide access to safe drinking water and sanitation in India
- Engineers without Borders Australia – working in partnership to address a lack of access to basic human needs such as clean water, sanitation and hygiene
The organisations were all nominated by staff members in each of our global offices.
Newly installed PlayPump at Motlatla Primary School in the Free State South Africa