- Event Name: Singapore Jewellery & Gem Fair
- Location: Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center Halls A & B
- Date: 22 – 25 October 2015
- Website: http://www.singaporejewellerygemfair.com/
- Event Description: Being the largest fine jewellery event in Singapore and the region, the fair will sparkle with internationally acclaimed jewellers from Belgium, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Japan, Switzerland, Thailand, USA and the world over displaying a stunning array of the most exquisite jewellery and finely crafted designs. Marked at irresistibly attractive prices ranging from hundreds to millions of dollars, the massive jewellery collection under one roof promises a piece of treasure for everyone, whether one is a business trader, private collector, jewellery connoisseur or deal hunter.
Widely anticipated as the definitive marketplace for esteemed jewellers and collectors to source for the most coveted jewellery and gemstones in the world, this year’s fair will feature a stellar cast of more than 200 exhibitors from 28 countries. Over the four-day event, visitors can anticipate more than 100,000 pieces of fine jewellery worth over S$2.5 billion, including prized diamonds and pearls, precious stones and gems, rare and exquisite jewellery pieces, exceptional timepieces and other dazzling collectibles.
Exclusively endorsed by both the Singapore Jewellers Association and the Diamond Exchange of Singapore, the Singapore Jewellery & Gem Fair strives to replicate the roaring success of their sister event – the September Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair. With its extensive line-up of world class exhibitors and a spectacular collection of ravishing jewellery pieces, the Singapore Jewellery & Gem Fair is an event not to be missed!
- Presenter Name: May Ling Tham – Head of Personal Accessories and Eyewear
- Presentation Title: Asia’s Jewellery Market: Trends & Prospects
- Presentation Time: 23 October 2015, 2.30pm
- Presentation Summary: Jewellery retail sales globally are expected to reach an estimated US$313 billion in 2015, with Asia Pacific taking the lead. Home to over half of the world’s middle class population, Asia Pacific is poised for future growth, on the back of wealth spread and consumer spending shifting further towards emerging markets. Key growth drivers include fashion consciousness, the growing interest in costume jewellery vs fast fashion, continued demand for precious gemstones and metals, a reconfiguration of distribution landscape and the influence of technology and digital marketing. There is also emergence of differing product demand between age groups and by an expanding female working population. China, in particular despite a weakening of demand due to adverse macro-economic factors, will remain the leading Jewellery market globally with rings and neckwear leading product demand.