Join Diana Cowland, Euromonitor International’s Senior Health and Wellness Analyst, as she discusses opportunities for omega fatty acids in functional food and drink at Nutritional Lipids & Oils 2014.
Location: Online at http://www.nutritional-lipids-and-oils.com/
Event Hashtag: #NutraLipids14
Presentation Date and Time: 13 February 2014, 14:30 CET
In her presentation Omega Fatty Acids – Global Trends & Opportunities, Diana will compare the market for omega fatty acid-fortified food and drink to that of supplements, and highlight the opportunities for manufacturers looking to become global players.
- Are consumers moving away from supplements towards functional food and drink?
- Or do consumers find it difficult to detect the tangible health benefits in the latter?
The presentation will also highlight regional trends and the consumer demands of different age groups across the globe.
Nutritional Lipids & Oils 2014 will focus on:
- As consumer demand for functional foods and supplements containing healthy lipids and oils continues to soar, global demand for fish oils and omega oils (omega-3, omega-6, omega-7, & omega-9) will continue to climb.
- Yet the massive market for these mega-ingredients is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to healthy oils: from antioxidant-rich olive oils, to healthy vegetable and seed oils, and the growing interest for herbal oils and supplements – the market is booming.
- While research on the benefits of supplements and health focused functional foods may take centre stage for many, tackling the challenges of sustainability, supply chain management, and formulation in finished products are all vital for future success.
For more information, check out the event’s website and programme: http://www.nutritional-lipids-and-oils.com/
An in-depth analysis on the state of the market for omega fatty acids is explored in a recent health and wellness global briefing: Success of Omega Fatty Acids: From Supplements to Food