Date: January 22-25, 2012
Location: Amman, Jordan
Event Description: Rapidly changing business environments and economic instability encourage financial institutions to reshape their business strategies, look for innovative products and services, improve their risk management tools and strengthen customer trust. The IT budget for the Jordanian banking sector for the past three years, US $110 million, demonstrates that the interest in banking technology development is streaming up.
Speaker: Sana Toukan, Euromonitor Research Manager of the Middle East, will present “Analysis of the current state of banking in the region.”
Key topics of discussion include:
- Transition from Basel I to Basel II and III to increase liquidity of banks
- Bridging the gap between technology and compliance for AML and fraud prevention
- The role of IT and its integration with organisational structure to improve processes, profitability and productivity
- Discussing how mobile platform dictates the rules and how to empower the unbanked
- Analysing new trends: social banking, green banking and beyond
For more information, please click here.