Download this podcast (mp3)
In this episode of Euromonitor International’s Globalcast, Head of Global Apparel Research, Magdalena Kondej discusses the rising price in cotton and how it affects the apparel industry.
- The reasons for the record-high prices of cotton
- Other factors contributing to the rise of prices in apparel
- The strategies clothing manufacturers are taking to avoid the negative impact of rising production costs
- Which companies and categories will be hit hardest by the rising costs
- Which companies announced price hikes in 2010 and 2011
- The consumer perspective of the rising prices in clothing and footwear