Download this podcast by right clicking the link and selecting “save as…”
In this episode of Globalcast, Euromonitor International Research Analyst Pasi Hanonnen analyzes the recent tax system changes in Finnish food and beverage markets. Hanonnen also explains the consequences of these changes on foodservice channels and reviews recent industry developments.
- How Finland is known as a country of high taxes, and how that stigma shows in the value-added tax in the country
- If the value-added tax is indeed high, or if the thought is a common misjudgment
- How Finnish consumers reacted to the tax change
- The reaction from the Finnish foodservice industry on the tax change
- The trends in food and beverage industry prices after the tax change
- If Finland can expect any more tax fluctuations in the near future