In this new episode of Globalcast, Euromonitor International analyst for Portugal, Paula Flores, discusses the effect of the European Union legislation on the milk market. Paula analyses the end of the EU quotas system and the recent aid conferred to producers totalling 280 million Euros, with a special focus on the Portuguese milk market.
- The current situation in the European Union: the milk quotas system and its impact
- The effects of liberalisation on the milk market and the importance of private label
- The Portuguese milk market
- What are the prospects for producers?
- The leading strategies for success