Drive Consumer Expenditure by Tapping into Emerging Wealth Markets
The global picture of wealth is changing. The number of high-income earners in emerging markets is rising rapidly, yet few companies are taking advantage of this growth to drive profits.
This webinar provides insights into the profiles and spending habits of high income earners and long-term forecasts for wealth distribution, helping you develop a more strategic plan for growth.
- What markets hold the most opportunities for expansion
- Pivotal trends shaping the future of the luxury goods market
- Short and medium term strategies used by the world's most prominent luxury brands for success
Continue reading "On-Demand Webinar: The Rise of Luxury Spending in Emerging Markets" »
The global online travel market is far from mature in 2014, continuing its steady growth in all travel categories. However, online travel consumers are changing as they embrace new internet devices like smartphones and tablets, demand more personalised real-time services and enjoy sharing travel reviews and services with their peers.
These consumer trends have a deep impact on the competitive environment, giving rise to the increasing importance of technology players like Google and Facebook and metasearch engines. Competition between intermediaries and direct suppliers is heating up, while a new generation of companies may become the future giants of the travel industry.
Approximately 87% of consumers around the world research and book their air, hotel, rental car and tours and activities on one or more of the thousands of online travel websites. More than basic queries on search engines, these searches represent actual travel intent or the potential for a booking.
- Global online travel search provides a strong indicator for bookings with the top three countries searched in 2013 being the United States, Spain and the United Kingdom while the top three booked were the United States, France and the United Kingdom.
- In 2013, the top personas shopping online for travel to Europe were Adventure Seekers (24.6%) and Bucket Listers (17.6%), with peak search periods being May, June and October.
Continue reading "Webinar: The New Online Travel Consumer" »
In 2014, real global consumer expenditure will reach more than US$43 trillion, with 2013-2014 year-on-year real growth up by 3.2%. In this webinar, you will discover trends influencing how this money is spent.
You will learn:
- How to use post-recession buying habits to your advantage
- Messages that resonate with consumers in emerging vs. developed markets
- Strategies your company can embrace to capitalize on evolving consumer trends
Date: January 30, 2014
Time: 9 a.m. CST, 3 p.m. GMT
Speaker: Daphne Kasriel-Alexander, Consumers Editor at Euromonitor International
Daphne Kasriel-Alexander analyses consumer life at Euromonitor International. She studies and writes about consumer trends, behaviour and attitudes and manages a team of contributing consumer analysts based around the world who enrich Euromonitor’s analysis with local insights.
Continue reading "Webinar: Top 10 Global Consumer Trends for 2014" »