The new Consumer Electronics system on Euromonitor's Passport Database will be available May 28. The new data gives the complete picture of the computer market, which captures sales through both the retail and business channels, provides country and company analysis, and much more.
Preliminary findings include:
- Consumer Electronic growth is stagnate in developed countries, particularly in Western Europe.
- Emerging markets like Philippines, India and Brazil are projected to be the main driving force for consumer electronics sales globally.
- The potential success of Nokia’s Lumia smartphones and Windows OS will hinge on their ability to win over consumers in these emerging markets.
- In Brazil, smartphones running on Windows have the potential in 2013 to threaten the once apparently insurmountable lead enjoyed by Android.
- China overtook the US as the largest consumer electronics market in 2011.