Beauty and Personal Care: Entering the New Media Market
Carrie Lenard, Beauty and Personal Care industry analyst at Euromonitor International, states that beauty and personal care manufacturers are using new advertising techniques to reach out to consumers during the economic recovery. The internet has been a popular outlet for new advertising, especially since many consumers are permanently connected to the internet via mobile phones.
As a result, beauty and personal care manufactures are reaching out to consumers with new media. Some examples include:
- Estee Lauder acquiring Smashbox, a beauty company which retails primarily online
- Beauty and personal care brands appearing on Twitter and Facebook
- L'Oreal sponsoring beauty and personal care celebrity Lauren Luke
- Many beauty and personal care brands starting their own video tutorials on Youtube and Facebook
- Manufacturers selling directly to consumers through e-stores
Lennard ends by stating that beauty and personal care manufacturers who adapt to new media advertising and techniques will be the ones that prosper in the long term.
« The retail swagger of tech icon Apple | Main | Consumer Appliances Unit Volume Growth in 2010 (datagraphic) »